Vineyard Hand/Operator - Seppeltsfield Wines
ROSEDALE, SA 5350
Full Time - Permanent
Seppeltsfield Wines is one of Australia’s oldest wineries and was founded in 1851 by the visionary Seppelt family and is part of the Randall Wine Group. The Randall Wine Group compromises of Ryecroft Wines, Tinlins Wines and Quelltaler Estate and has significant vineyard holdings across most growing regions in South Australia.
Seppeltsfield Wines is in the heart of the Barossa Valley and produces premium fortified and table wines using both modern and traditional techniques. Seppeltsfield Wines owns 4,000 acres across 4 regions including Barossa Valley, Eden Valley, Riverland and Coonawarra; Barossa Valley being predominant.
The Vineyard Hand/Operator, reporting to the Assistant Vineyard Manager has responsibility for performing a wide variety of vineyard tasks including the operation of tractors and vineyard equipment.
• On the job, training will be provided but experience in a similar position, practical knowledge of Viticulture and a high level of experience in the use of machinery will be highly beneficial.
• A heavy vehicle licence, forklift licence and ChemCert accreditation will also be highly regarded.
• An opportunity for additional hours are always available
• This position will be either full-time or casual depending on the attributes of the candidate.
Remuneration will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications of the candidate.
To be considered for this position you will have the following attributes/skills:
• Experience in machinery operation
• Physically fit and healthy
• Highly enthusiastic
• Hard working and self-motivating
• Flexibility with hours
• Dedication to the role
• Ability to work independently and positively with others in team
• Excellent communication
• Problem solving and trouble shooting
• A proactive approach to WH&S
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia – you must be a citizen or permanent resident
This position at times is a physically demanding role and therefore a satisfactory functional assessment will be required. Employment will also be subject to a police clearance.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
730 Seppeltsfield Road
Seppeltsfield Wines, in the heart of the Barossa Valley, produces premium fortified and table wines using both modern and traditional techniques.