Vineyard Leading Hand - Vasse Felix
2 Darch Road
Witchcliffe, WA 6286
08 6217 2600
Job Start Date
Full Time - Permanent
Established in 1967, Vasse Felix is Margaret River’s founding wine estate with four distinct and exceptional sites in the Margaret River wine region. Each vineyard is matched to the best possible varieties and clones, and farmed sustainably using traditional and organic practices. By nurturing our soils, we achieve better plant health and balance which leads to higher quality fruit. It's a long game with great reward.
We are seeking a Vineyard Leading Hand to join a supportive and innovative viticulture team, who has a passion for organic viticulture. The position will be based on our Southern Vineyards located in Wallcliffe and Karridale, with the requirement to occasionally work on our other sites located in Wilyabrup and Carbanup.
The successful applicant will have proven industry experience and will have a high level understanding of the relationship between grape quality and wine production.
Reporting to the Vineyard Manager, key responsibilities include:
• Assist in constantly improving quality and yields whilst managing costs
• Contribute to maintaining and improving sustainable vineyard practices without compromising fruit quality
• Assist with vineyard expansion and redevelopment programs that are in place to match grape resources with winemaking requirements
• Assist in co-ordinating, supervising and carrying out all vineyard operations
• Commitment to providing a safe work environment for all
• Work closely with the production team to promote an environment of continuous improvement.
Skills and Attributes:
• Be a team player with strong communication and people management skills
• Solid organisational skills with a natural flair for logistics
• Minimum 3 years viticulture experience is favourable but not essential
• A passion for organic viticulture with previous experience in this area will be looked upon favourably
For the right candidate who may lack some experience, there are ongoing opportunities for training and development to grow into the role.
Employer Contact Information
Caves Road (Cnr Tom Cullity Drive)
Cowaramup, Margaret River
Vasse Felix was established in 1967 and is Margaret River’s founding wine Estate. Margaret River experiences the unique combination of a Mediterranean climate, maritime influence and ancient gravel-loam soils making it ideal for growing Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. Vasse Felix wines are recognised benchmarks in Margaret River and Australia, and the Estate is one of the country’s draw-card winery destinations.