Vineyard Maintenance Fitter - Burge Barossa
Tanunda, SA 5352
Job Start Date
Full Time - Permanent
• Join an iconic SA family business & thrive in a supportive team environment
• Full-time position based in the heart of SA’s celebrated Barossa Valley
• Competitive salary + super + growth opportunities
Want to work amongst the picturesque landscape of the Barossa wine region? Burge Barossa now has an opportunity available for an experienced and qualified Vineyard Maintenance Fitter to join their team!
𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲
Working alongside the Vineyard Manager, as Burge Barossa’s Vineyard Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for the mechanical maintenance of plant equipment and vineyard machinery.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking repair, design, modifications, assembly and overhauling of Burge Barossa’s vineyard and agricultural equipment and machinery
• Undertaking metal machining (basic lathe work)
• Perform workshop supervisory role when required
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in repair, design, modifications, assembly and overhauling of vineyard and agricultural equipment and machinery. To effectively identify and troubleshoot faults, you will be a strong-problem solver with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
In addition to the above, to be successful in this role you will have/be:
• Competent with ARC, MIG and TIG welding
• Knowledge of small engines
• The understanding and ability to perform manual handling tasks
• Be prepared to work overtime and on a rostered call out basis when required
• Great numeracy, literacy, and computer skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Ability to work as part of a small team and contribute to business objectives
• Forklift Licence
• Competent understanding of WH&S procedures
• Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status
It is also highly desired if you have:
• Current First Aid Certificate
• MR Truck Licence
• Experience with auto air conditioning
𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
With roots in the Barossa for more than 160 years, Burge Barossa Group is directed by 5th generation Grant & Helen Burge, who have curated a large business with a portfolio of locations encompassing wine and tourism services. It is their passion, knowledge, and experience that is now being passed down through the generations of their family and loyal team members. Burge Barossa pride themselves on respecting the past and building the future.
Their historic facilities are backed by a team of experts. From vineyard hands to winemakers and cellar hands, bottling line supervisors, packaging experts and more. Together with their broad range of facilities and equipment, Burge Barossa successfully manage the A-Z of wine production-based services including grape harvesting, vineyard management, grape and wine analysis, grape crushing, wine fermentation, wine maturation, winemaking, blending and filtration, bottling, finished goods warehousing and storage, product distribution, bespoke wine packaging, wine label re-works, pick and pack, bottle waxing, transport, and logistics. Their team is passionate about personalised service to suit the needs of Burge Barossa’s clients.
𝑊𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑒. 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝐷𝑂 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑑𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑙𝑦.
Employer Contact Information
Level 1, 1 Tonsley Boulevard
Humanology flips the recruitment experience on its head to find the right person for the job, faster.