Vineyard Manager - Claymore Wines
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Claymore Wines is seeking a motivated, hardworking and organised “hands-on” individual to bring a passionate mix of head & heart to our dynamic boutique wine enterprise. This is a unique opportunity to design your own workspace and work plan as you see fit to meet the seasonal demands of premium fruit production.
We are seeking a person who has previous experience and a sound understanding of vineyard operations and modern farming practices with a strong focus on previous vineyard operational experience.
Key requirements of this role are:
• The ability to plan and supervise the execution of all seasonal aspects of vineyard operation and management of our 44 Ha vineyard holding.
• The successful applicant will be a competent operator with well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisive decisions as the season dictates.
• Excellent communication skills and confidence in your ability to accurately forecast seasonal and harvest requirements will see you succeed in this dynamic role.
This position would also be responsible for:
• Assisting as required in the barrel store and other general winery operations.
• Chemcert accreditation, loader licence and qualifications in viticulture or a related field will be highly regarded.
• The successful applicant will hold an unrestricted driver’s licence as well as a forklift licence, and will need to be suited to physical work, with a willingness to work flexible hours as well as long hours over the vintage period.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your industry knowledge and experience in a multi-faceted role with potential to grow over time, offering flexible working hours and the autonomy that comes with ownership of the vineyard production plan.
The position is permanent full-time role approx. 38 hours per week with a negotiable time in lieu arrangement. We welcome applicants with vineyard operational experience looking for the next step in their career.
Attractive remuneration package offered based on applicant’s experience.
Written applications with full resume can be posted or emailed to:
Attn: Carissa Major
PO Box 72, Watervale SA 5452
or via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Applications close Wednesday 28th May 2020
For further information please contact our General Manager on 0419 184 419
Employer Contact Information
7145 Horrocks Hwy
Claymore Wines, situated in the beautiful Clare Valley in South Australia, began in 1997 with small volumes of Grenache and Riesling, and has now grown to over 20,000 cases per year across a highly awarded range of wines.
We draw fruit from our five premium estate owned vineyards at Penwortham (the backbone of our red wine production) and Watervale (home to our Joshua Tree vineyard). These sites have been specifically chosen for their suitability for our staple varieties – Shiraz, Riesling, Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon.