Vineyard Manager - Duxton Viticulture
Duxton Viticulture Pty Ltd
514 Silver City Highway
BURONGA, NSW 2739
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of supervisors, employees, and contractors.
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team;
• Under direction from the Chief Viticulturist, plan, direct and coordinate all operations across the Vineyards;
• Ensure all operations are managed in alignment with OH&S legislation, quality controls and HACCP requirements;
• Contribute to the improvement of management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being;
• Prepare and complete action plans when required;
• Complete/review monthly and quarterly P&L assessments and forecasts against budget;
• Work with finance on short and long-term financial and managerial reporting;
• Use required software and applications to examine financial and operational data to improve productivity;
• Perform quality controls and monitor KPI’s;
• Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labour to budget;
• Direct your teams with collaborative management style;
• Recruit, train, supervise and appraise in conjunction with HR policies and procedures;
• Run a safe, injury/accident-free workplace;
• Complete WHS audits on a regular basis and lead a “safety first” culture on the farm;
• Any other duties or assistance that is required by Senior Management;
• Conduct all workplace tasks with Duxton Vineyards environmental & sustainability commitments front of mind, including ensuring compliance to any relevant environmental laws and compliance obligations.
• Qualification in Viticulture or 5+ years of experience;
• Qualification in Operational Management of 5+ years of experience;
• Proven hands-on experience as a manager;
• Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management;
• Budget development and oversight experience;
• Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics;
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style with commitment to get the job done;
• Excellent IT Skills;
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of organisation;
• Leadership and organisational skills.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
514 Silver City Highway
Duxton Vineyards is a large scale, vertically integrated wine enterprise, located in the Mildura & Sunraysia region of New South Wales, Australia.