Vineyard Manager - Timmering Wines
249 Wilson Road
Rochester, VIC 3561
Full Time - Permanent
Timmering Vineyards is currently seeking an experienced vineyard manager
The intention is to appoint an individual for a six month training period under the current manager and then to assume full management responsibilities. A long term, diligent person is required who will grow the vineyard to reach aspirations as a high class, renowned grape provider.
The vineyard is located in the Heathcote GI in the northern area, adjacent to Rochester and is currently 260 acres under vine, with 40 of those acres currently being replanted. It is one of the largest vineyards in the renowned Heathcote area and all the fruit has always been sold to major wineries. The vineyard was first planted in 2002. Current plans are to extend the planted area to 400 acres over the immediate future.
The owner lives on site and has extensive experience in viticulture and the broader wine industry. He plays a significant role in the management of the day to day operations of the vineyard and his role is very hands on.
A very experienced viticultural advisor has been engaged, who provides all the decisions on vineyard issues i.e. inputs, timing and advice. He also provides a monthly work program for the manager to coordinate.
The following is required for this position:
• Experience in vineyard operations is desirable, but qualifications in viticulture not essential.
• Implementation of a viticultural program set by the viticulturist.
• Experience in all tractor and agricultural machinery operations.
• Hands on approach from pruning to harvesting.
• Irrigation scheduling, repair and maintenance.
• Current drivers licence, chemical handlers certificate, forklift and first aid certificate desirable.
The position offers the following:
• The opportunity to be part of an exciting role in the Heathcote wine story, that will grow as the vineyard expands to stake a position in this exciting wine region.
• All year-round work
• A remuneration package commensurate with your current qualifications and experience, with the opportunity to grow that considerably into the future.
• To be an integral part of a professional, experienced and successful team.
Your application should address the criteria set out above and be forwarded with your CV and referees via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Telephone queries can be directed to 0411 649 361
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
249 Wilson Road