Vineyard Manager – Stanton & Killeen
Rutherglen, VIC 3685
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Stanton & Killeen in Rutherglen, Victoria, is seeking a conscientious, dedicated hands-on Vineyard Manager. This role will oversee and nurture the historic and unique Estate vineyard as it continues its conversion to organic viticulture.
Established in 1875, Stanton & Killeen is an Australian classic. Famous for its luscious fortified wines, durif and traditional varieties, S&K continues to attract attention with its contemporary table wine portfolio made from Portuguese cultivars, including arinto, touriga nacional, tinto cão, tinta roriz and tinta barroca. After 145 years of operation, S&K is as vibrant and energetic as ever with an ongoing vineyard rejuvenation program.
The Vineyard Manager is part of the leadership team and will also be an ambassador for the Estate through involvement in industry technical events such as workshops, field days and conferences.
Located only 30 minutes from Wangaratta and Albury, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the future of one of Australia’s great family-owned houses.
Further information, including a detailed Position Description, can be viewed at www.winenet.com.au/recruitment
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall management of the viticulture team, including contractors;
• Management of pests, diseases, irrigation and nutrition;
• Driving continuous improvement across all company viticulture for quality,
sustainability and longevity;
• Financial budgeting, crop forecasting, benchmarking and reporting for all
• Implementation and coordination of long-term vineyard redevelopment;
• Coordination of harvest and fruit deliveries during vintage;
• Occasional promotional support in hosting visitors at winery and vineyard sites.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualification in viticulture;
• At least three years’ relevant experience in high-level viticulture
• Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel.