Employers & Recruiters
Vineyard Manager / Viticulturist - Shadowfax Winery
35 Breheny Lane
Trentham, VIC 3458
03 9731 4420
From $75,000 To $90,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Shadowfax Wines is seeking a full time hands-on Vineyard Manager to manage all aspects of vineyard operations located in the cool climate Macedon Region of Victoria 1 hour North West of Melbourne.
Shadowfax is consistently recognised as a 5 red star producer by James Halliday with a focus on premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
We are looking for an experienced manager with the ability to manage our estate vineyards in Little Hampton and Werribee as well as multiple small vineyards in the Macedon region (95 acres in total).
You will be part of a small dedicated vineyard and winemaking team focusing on final wine quality and site expression.
Shadowfax is committed to supporting continued individual education and personal development.
The role would suit a driven individual with experience in cool climate viticulture and suitable experience to enable them to be independent, organised and hands on, with the skills to manage staff.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Focus on vineyard heath, sustainability and site specific grape expression
• Pruning and canopy management
• Pest, weed and disease management
• Monitoring and associated recommendations related to vine health and fruit quality
• Managing blocks to individual specification
• Machinery operation
• Harvest and crop estimation
• Supervision of, and working safely, respectfully and professionally with a small, dedicated team.
• Tertiary qualification in Viticulture or equivalent
• 3 Years experience in vineyard management role
• Experience in horticultural machinery operation and maintenance
• Grow vines sustainably.
Employer Contact Information
35 Breheny Lane
Trentham VIC 3458
View All Jobs From This Employer
Established in 1998, Shadowfax is a boutique winery located just 30 minutes from Melbourne, in the heart of Werribee Park. With vineyards in the Macedon Ranges, Shadowfax is dedicated to creating high quality and handcrafted wines. Our renowned varieties include Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Riesling and Shiraz as well as a selection of highly limited, single-vineyard wines.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2023
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD