Employers & Recruiters
Vineyard Manager / Viticulturist - Yarra Edge Wines
Yarra Edge Wines
465 Edward Road
Chirnside Park , VIC 3116
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $75,000 To $100,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
YARRA EDGE Vineyard was established in 1983 by the Bingeman family in Yarra Valley - one of the most famous wine regions in Australia. It was planted out with Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay in 1983 and 1995, following the advice and guidance of the Middleton family who established MOUNT MARY wines in Yarra Valley.
We are seeking a Vineyard Manager/Viticulturist who can develop a yearly plan for quality and then execute this plan with high level practical skills. You will be responsible for all things vineyard across a number of different properties, helping to drive quality improvements year on year.
• Executing the range of practical tasks in an annual vineyard cycle such as pruning, fungicide spraying, weed management, canopy management, netting and harvesting.
• Overseeing contract labour where required, promoting safe work practices and respectful working relationships.
• Developing an annual plan for viticulture based on data, with a focus on improving yield and wine quality
• Managing vineyard staff to increase job satisfaction, efficiency and upskilling
• Overseeing new plantings and vineyard establishment
• Managing the annual vineyard budget to maximise return on capital
• Working and liaising with property owners of leased properties to ensure positive, long-term working relationships
• Working closely with the Head winemaker to deliver fruit that meets their quality parameters
• Marketing and promotional activities as required
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the viticultural program. If you have a passion for viticulture and fine wine and have significant viticultural experience; then we would love to hear from you. A valid Driver’s License and Australian Residency are mandatory requirements. A highly competitive salary package based on skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
Yarra Edge Wines
465 Edward Road
Chirnside Park VIC 3116
View All Jobs From This Employer
YARRA EDGE Vineyard was established in 1983 by the Bingeman family in Yarra Valley - one of the most famous wine regions in Australia. It was planted out with Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay in 1983 and 1995, following the advice and guidance of the Middleton family who established MOUNT MARY wines in Yarra Valley. Originally, the grapes were grown and the wines were made onsite and released under the YARRA EDGE label. This changed in 1998 when the vineyard was leased to Yering Station, where the Cabernet consistently made single vineyard classification.
As the years have passed, people in the wine industry talk about YARRA EDGE today, with some recalling their memory and tell the story about it, such as James Halliday on the 20th Jul 2017: “For YARRA EDGE, A vineyard I have known since 1985… “
In 2013, the property was purchased from the Bingeman family by the new owners, who were aware of the vineyard's pedigree. The quality of the fruit is the first priority. Under this policy, they are trying their best to set about restoring the entire property to its former glory. By keeping and improving the vines in the vineyard, the aim is to produce premium red and white wines in Yarra Valley. The main varieties produced are Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon dominated blends.
YARRA EDGE, growing high quality vines, making premium wines!
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2024
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD