Vineyard Manager/Operator - Harewood Estate Wines
Harewood Estate Wines
1570 Scotsdale Road
Denmark, WA 6333
Job Start Date
Full Time - Permanent
Harewood Estate is a family-run business in the coastal Denmark sub region of Western Australia’s Great Southern wine region producing premium cool climate wines. Established in 1988, the business comprises a 500-tonne winery, two 10ha Denmark vineyards and a cellar door.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Vineyard Operator to join our small team. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Vineyard Operator to work at one of Western Australia's premier vineyards. We aim to grow fruit of the highest quality and you will join our team to tend our vineyard and be involved in day-to-day viticultural activities.
The successful applicant ideally will be highly motivated and an effective team player, have experience of working in a vineyard including working with machine grape harvesters and have good viticultural knowledge.
Working as part of a small team and reporting to the Winemaker, this role will be highly rewarding for the right person.
To assist in all aspects in the daily operations involved in the vineyards including:
• Vine management - including pruning, training, canopy management and other seasonal activities.
• Monitoring for vine pest and disease issues.
• Machinery operations - including various tractor operations (Fungicide Spraying, Herbicide Spraying, trimming and Slashing etc)
• Harvest operations – operate machine harvester and hand harvesting.
• Irrigation and Trellis – irrigation system operation, routine monitoring, repairs and maintenance.
• Chemical application and recording processes.
• Responsible for care and maintenance of vineyard equipment, including basic machinery repair and maintenance.
• Responsible for WH&S compliance and ensuring that that all work activities are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Supervision of contract/casual vineyard staff as required.
• Practical experience within viticulture / horticulture industry.
• Tractor driving experience.
• Reliability, self-motivation, and commitment to vineyard operations
• Experience with use and basic maintenance of vineyard machinery and equipment.
• Prepared to work in all weather conditions.
• Good communication and organisational ability
• Ability to work independently without supervision as well as work as part of a small team and follow directions.
• Record keeping skills and the use of standard office software packages.
A remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicants’ skills and experience will be offered (Wine Industry Award 2020).
Employer Contact Information
Harewood Estate Wines
1570 Scotsdale Rd
The aim of Harewood Estate hasn't changed: grapes are grown in select, low yielding vineyards to create wines that represent the best the region has to offer.