Vineyard Operator - Central Otago - Cloudy Bay Winery
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
45 Northburn Station Road RD3
Cromwell, OTA 9383
Full Time - Permanent
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards produces globally renowned premium wines in the Marlborough region and is part of the world’s most successful luxury brands group, LVMH - Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Our focus is on still and sparkling winemaking from Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Cloudy Bay has also a vineyard in Cromwell, Central Otago. The region is home to the premium Te Wahi, our Central Otago Pinot Noir.
We’re looking for a skilled Vineyard Operator to join the team at our Central Otago vineyard. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a sophisticated brand and work outdoors in a friendly work environment. As part of the team, you’ll develop your skills further with good training and task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. As a Vineyard Operator, you’ll have a hands-on role focused on the development and upkeep of our premium Pinot Noir vineyards.
The position will require you to undertake tasks such as
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating
- canopy management, pruning and vine training
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cloudy Bay
- supervision of contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff when required
- accountability to follow best practices procedures of vineyard operations, process and systems
irrigation service and maintenance of system
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in a vineyard or other operational agricultural enterprise
- A sound understanding of viticultural principles and practices.
- Enthusiasm in working a mechanical and hand-on role
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and to be part of a strong and cohesive team
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedure
- Class 1 valid driver’s license
- Desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification.
If you are interested to apply, please visit our career website:
Employer Contact Information
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.