Vineyard Operator - Deviation Road
207 Scott Creek Road
Longwood, SA 5153
08 8339 2633
Full Time - Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated self-starter to help oversee the management of our home-block vineyard plus a second site leased nearby. You must have a keen interest in all areas of grape and wine production including sustainable/organic viticulture and agriculture practices, and are passionate about growing quality fruit with an all-encompassing mindset in taking the fruit from vine to the glass alongside the winemaking team.
The position will be focussed on the vineyard (the establishment of a new Chardonnay planting in 2021 will be core to this position) however as a small and hands-on team the position will extend to assisting in the winery (during vintage, bottling and disgorging) and other general farm maintenance duties.
• Manage harvest operations (fruit and bin logistics across multiple vineyard sites)
• Tractor operations including bird netting, spraying, under vine cultivating, slashing
• Hands on vine and canopy maintenance including pruning, shoot thinning, wire lifting
• Maintenance of vineyard infrastructure and machinery
• Maintenance of vineyard irrigation system and equipment
• Pest and disease monitoring
• Supervision of permanent, casual and contract vineyard workers
• Cellar duties as required for vintage, tirage and disgorging.
• Minimum three years’ experience in a similar position
• Forklift license and experience
• Tractor driving experience
• Driver’s license (manual vehicles)
• Practical machinery skills
• Computer literacy
• Familiarity with OH&S, and agricultural safety equipment and practices.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
207 Scott Creek Road
Owners Hamish and Kate Laurie have been producing exciting cool climate wines (specialising in méthode traditionnelle sparkling) under the Deviation Road label for 20 years. Our Longwood site is home to a 5ha vineyard, winery, plus tasting room which is open to the public daily.