Vineyard Operator - Marlborough - Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Cloudy Bay Vineyard
230 Jacksons Road
Blenheim, MBH 7240
Full Time - Permanent
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards is looking for a Vineyard Operator to join the Marlborough team. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a sophisticated brand and work outdoors in a friendly work environment. As part of the team, you’ll develop your skills further with good training, task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. As a Vineyard Operator, you will have a hands on role helping to produce the highest quality wines.
The position will require you to undertake tasks such as:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving
- canopy management, trellis maintenance, pruning and vine training
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
- supervision of contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff when required
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cloudy Bay
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
-Experience in vineyard or other operational agricultural enterprise
-A sound understanding of or desire to learn viticultural principles and practices.
- Desire to work in a mechanical and groundwork based role
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
- Class 1 valid driver’s license.• Desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license. HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification
Employer Contact Information
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.