Vineyard Operator - Vineyard Services Pty Ltd
13 Herbert Rd
Yarra Glen, VIC 3775
0408 341 119
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Vineyard Services is a Yarra Valley based vineyard contracting business that has been operating in the Yarra Valley for 30 years. We supply our clients with many varying vineyard management solutions ranging from specific machinery and labour solutions to complete vineyard management. We currently operate in two states and are always looking to grow.
Vineyard Services seeks to appoint an experienced Vineyard Operator to join our Yarra Valley team. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Vineyard Operator to work with the latest vineyard equipment and across many different sites. This role may include working in other regions or states as the need arises.
The Yarra Valley offers a great lifestyle opportunity, blending country life with the excitement and convenience of the city of Melbourne right on your doorstep.
The successful applicant ideally will be highly motivated and an effective team player, have experience of working in a vineyard including working with machine grape harvesters and have good viticultural knowledge.
The position will be primarily undertaking operational tasks that include the following:
• General tractor operations (Fungicide Spraying, Herbicide Spraying, pre-pruning, trimming and Slashing)
• Machine harvesting using the latest machine harvesters
• Supervision of contract vineyard crews for pruning and canopy management
• Basic machinery repair and maintenance
• Irrigation installation, repairs and maintenance
• Vineyard construction and establishment
• Vineyard removal
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competency in all areas of vineyard operations including;
• Working safely with vineyard specific machinery including machine grape harvesters, pruners and sprayers
• Sound ability to undertake basic maintenance of tractors and agricultural machinery
• Experience in supervising casual staff and labour hire crews
• Extensive vineyard experience and organisation skills
• Hands on approach to pruning and canopy management
• Chemical handling and spray application qualifications
• Irrigation system operation & maintenance
• Vineyard trellis installation and repairs
• Excellent communication skills, self motivation and be an effective team player
• Excellent record keeping skills and the use of standard office software packages
• A valid MR or higher drivers licence
• First aid certificate and forklift and skid steer loader licences are advantages
A remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicants’ skills and experience, will be offered.
Your application should address the responsibilities listed in the job description, and be forwarded with your CV by 30th June 2018 via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Enquiries welcome to 0408 341 119.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
13 Herbert Rd
Vineyard Services is a vineyard management and contracting business located in the Yarra Valley, Victoria.
We have been offering solutions to Yarra Valley grape growers for over 25 years.