Vintage 2022 Assistant Winemaker - Boars Rock Winery
Boars Rock Winery
275 Tatachilla Road
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Situated in the McLaren Vale wine region, Boar’s Rock is a premium crush facility for the Randall Wine Group and focusses on the production of premium juice and wines from key South Australian viticultural regions such as McLaren Vale, Langhorne Creek, Currency Creek and The Riverland. The anticipated crush from 2022 is 4000 tonnes, including the following varieties; Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking assistant winemaker who will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks during the 2022 vintage period.
Candidates will have the following attributes:
• A high degree of attention to detail
• Able to work efficiently, independently and as a team
• Be fit and healthy to work in a fast paced environment for prolonged periods
• Display a positive, can do attitude in what is a very busy period.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Assist with planning and managing the intake of fruit from all regions
• Assist with day to day vintage production requirements
• Writing of daily crush, cellar and press notes
• Supervision of cellar staff to ensure production requirements are met and cellar hygiene and housekeeping are maintained at the highest level
• Preparation of juices in readiness for dispatch or fermentation
• Monitoring and reacting to ferment data on a daily basis
• Blending and other trials on finished wines
• Accurate and timely record-keeping of cellar operations
• Keeping a clean work area and following all WH&S guidelines and procedures
• Perform general cellar duties from time to time as required
• Sample collection and collation for efficient analysis
• A degree in oenology is essential; recent graduates are encouraged to apply
• A valid driver’s licence
• A forklift licence and experience with Ezy Wine are preferable but not essential
• Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work permit
• Strong English reading / writing skills
• Willing to work long hours; day or night shift
• Previous winery (medium to large) experience will be looked upon favourably
A mid-February start date will be required, with the role likely to continue for 8 – 12 weeks. Remuneration will be based on experience.
If you meet the requirements and would like to join the Boar’s Rock team for Vintage 2022, please apply immediately by forwarding a copy of your CV (including references) and cover letter to Russell via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Due to current Covid 19 restrictions please visit the link below before applying for this role
Employer Contact Information
Randall Wine Group
PO Box 235
The Randall Wine Group is the largest producer of luxury bulk wine, which includes Seppeltsfield Wines Pty Ltd (Barossa), Tinlins Wines Pty Ltd (McLaren Vale), Ryecroft Wines Pty Ltd (McLaren Vale), Boars Rock (McLaren Vale) and Quelltaler Estate Pty Ltd (Clare Valley).