Vintage Cellar Hands 2021 Harvest - McLaren Vintners
181 Douglas Gully Road
McLaren Flat, SA 5171
08 8383 2000
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
An exciting opportunity exists to join our Cellar team for the upcoming 2021 Vintage.
McLaren Vintners is a 5,000T+ premium custom crush facility located in McLaren Vale, processing fruit predominately from McLaren Vale, the Adelaide Hills and Coonawarra.
The role of Cellar Hand is to support and assist in the winery production by successfully completing their assigned tasks in an efficient and safety conscious manner.
Success will depend on the applicant being able to positively work as part of a team environment, possess sound communication skills, have a fine attention to detail and a high degree of self-motivation.
• Working with the winemaking team and the Cellar Manager to complete the required day-to-day winery operations.
• Demonstrate a high degree of initiative in how jobs are handled.
• Experience working in winery operations and production is desirable.
• The technical skills and knowledge to operate equipment used in winery operations would be an advantage.
• A high, personal work ethic.
• Sound reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
• A current Australian forklift license and confined space permit is preferred but not essential.
• International applicants must attain a valid Australian Work Visa.
Vintage will last for approximately 3 months; successful candidates are expected to work the necessary hours to fulfil the role as cellar operator during this period. It is envisaged that vintage would commence from mid-February with a high volume of hours each week over a 6 day period being required. This can be subject to change and due to seasonal discrepancies these hours are not guaranteed.
The nature of the work is physically and mentally demanding.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
181 Douglas Gully Road
We are your classic one-stop shop.
From our twenty metres of professional tasting bench to the Vinpac bottling hall next door, give us your grapes and theres no need to step outside for anything. Bring your grapes in, and take your packaged wine away on pallets.