Vintage Cellar Hands, Lab Assistants & Assistant Winemaker - Hardys Tintara
202 Main Road
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
08 8329 4110
VINTAGE / HARVEST
At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments. As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes beloved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Mud House, Jam Shed and many more. We are one of the largest wine producers in the world – we’ve been around since 1836, and our portfolio has won more than 8,500 international wine show awards in the last decade.
Hardys Tintara Winery is one of the oldest wineries in McLaren Vale with a rich history of producing some of the most iconic wines in Australia. Focusing on high quality winemaking, Tintara produces wines for some of Australia’s leading wine brands including Hardys, Tintara and Reynella. The winery features a combination of cutting edge and old world technology and processes fruit for the production of red, white and sparkling wines.
As a Vintage Cellar Hand, you will:
* Undertake vintage cellar operations, including grape receival, crushing, fermentation activities, barrel work and juice/wine transfers
* Record data on log sheets and cellar notes
* Maintain general winery cleanliness and hygiene.
As a Vintage Lab Assistant, you will:
* Undertake analysis of all juices and wines and report anything not within specification
* Carry out data entry and assist with transcription and checking of analysis
* Maintain general housekeeping and cleanliness of the laboratory.
As a Vintage Assistant Winemaker, you will:
* Work with a ‘hands on approach’ to creating our premium wines
* Prepare work orders within specifications
* Participate in daily ferment tastings
* Oversee daily grape intake and processing
* Drive exceptional levels of winery hygiene and general housekeeping.
We’re looking for people who have:
* A willingness to learn
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiasm, reliability and energy
* Physical fitness to undertake manual tasks
* Flexibility to work up to 12 hours per day, six days per week over a seven-day roster, including shift work.
Winery operations or laboratory experience is desirable, but on-the-job training is available. Naturally, a degree in winemaking or equivalent is required for the Assistant Winemaker role.
Please apply only if you have the legal right to work in Australia.
We offer excellent pay and conditions, plus the opportunity to earn a wine allowance, which you can use to purchase our amazing wines at discounted prices. You'll work with a great bunch of people and have fun along the way.
For more information, and to apply, click APPLY FOR JOB to be taken to our jobs page and search for your preferred role. Alternatively, copy the relevant link below and paste into your browser:
Vintage Cellar Hand
Vintage Lab Assistant
Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Our vintage roles will commence around mid-January 2022.
Employer Contact Information
202 Main Road
In 1876, our pioneering founder Thomas Hardy purchased our Tintara Winery in the picturesque McLaren Vale, Adelaide. His vision for McLaren Vale brought prosperity to the region and resulted in it becoming famous for producing some of the world’s best Shiraz.