Vintage Cellar Hands & Vintage Lab Assistant - Katnook Estate
Coonawarra, SA 5263
VINTAGE / HARVEST
At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments. As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes beloved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Mud House, Jam Shed and many more. We are one of the largest wine producers in the world – we’ve been around since 1836, and our portfolio has won more than 8,500 international wine show awards in the last decade.
Katnook Estate is an award-winning winery in Coonawarra. Rich in heritage and history, Katnook Estate is one of the oldest existing wineries in the region and its vineyards stretch over 155 hectares on the famous terra rossa soil strip that runs through Coonawarra.
Our vintage roles will commence around mid-January 2022.
As a Vintage Cellar Hand, you will:
* Undertake vintage cellar operations, including grape receival, crushing, fermentation activities, barrel work and juice/wine transfers
* Record data on log sheets and cellar notes
* Maintain general winery cleanliness and hygiene.
As a Vintage Lab Assistant, you will:
* Undertake analysis of all juices and wines and report anything not within specification
* Carry out data entry and assist with transcription and checking of analysis
* Maintain general housekeeping and cleanliness of the laboratory.
We’re looking for people who have:
* A willingness to learn
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiasm, reliability and energy
* Physical fitness to undertake manual tasks
* Flexibility to work up up to 12 hours per day, six days per week over a seven-day roster, including shift work.
Winery operations or laboratory experience is desirable, but on-the-job training is available. For Cellar Hands, a high risk work licence for forklift is highly desirable.
We offer excellent pay and conditions, with market-leading hourly wages plus attractive shift penalties and overtime rates. You'll also have the opportunity to earn a wine allowance, which you can use to purchase our amazing wines at discounted prices. You'll work with a great bunch of people and have fun along the way.
For more information, and to apply, click APPLY FOR JOB to be taken to our jobs page and search for your preferred role. Alternatively, copy the relevant link below and paste into your browser:
Vintage Cellar Hand
Vintage Lab Assistant
Employer Contact Information
Rich in heritage and tradition, Katnook is a James Halliday 5-star awarded winery located in Coonawarra in South Australia, one of Australia’s finest wine regions. Established in 1867 by Scottish immigrant John Riddoch, Katnook Estate is one of the oldest existing wineries in the regions and its vineyards stretch over 155 hectares on the famous terra rossa soil strip that runs through Coonawarra.