Vintage / Harvest Team - Kilikanoon
6962 Horrocks Highway
Leasingham, SA 5452
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Kilikanoon is looking for a couple of cellar hands to join our small winery team for the upcoming 2022 vintage. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to a premium, modern work environment and develop your skills further with a wide range of wines and techniques. Working directly with the winemaking team you will be responsible for producing and the maintaining high quality wines throughout the harvest period.
Kilikanoon produces premium wines from estate owned and selected vineyards throughout the Clare Valley. You will be involved in the production of Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Grenache, Mataro, Shiraz, Cabernet, Malbec and Montepulciano.
The positions are available from late January until the end of vintage, usually around April/May.
For the successful applicants, the winery can also help you find accommodation in the Clare Valley if required.
• Prior vintage experience is desirable, but not essential.
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude towards work, and high attention to detail.
• Be able to work as part of a team but also independently when required.
• Be reliable, punctual and able to adapt to rotating shifts - sometimes with extended long hours.
• Physically fit and able to lift 15-20kg, safely carry hoses, move barrels, plunge red ferments etc.
• The ability to follow SOP’s to perform all cellar duties.
• Ensure that winery is maintained in an appropriate state of cleanliness, organization and hygiene.
• A forklift license is desirable, but not essential.
• Must have a passion for wine, a thirst for knowledge, and good sense of humour.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are only accepting applications from those:
• Already in Australia
• That are able to enter South Australia
• Have a valid work visa until at least May 2022
Please submit your application via the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
6962 Horrocks Highway
Since its foundation in 1997, Kilikanoon has established itself as an iconic brand in the highly regarded Clare Valley - winning coveted awards such as Winery of the Year (James Halliday, 2013), Australian Producer of the Year (IWSC, 2018), Best Australian Producer (Mundus Vini International, 2019 & 2017) and a ‘Best in Show’ (Decanter Awards, 2019) for its Attunga Shiraz. Kilikanoon has solidified itself as one Australia’s truly premier wine houses via its commitment to the brand’s founding ideal of uncompromised excellence.