Vintage Winemaker - Sandalford Wines
3210 West Swan Road Caversham
Perth, WA 6055
08 9374 9374
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
An exciting opportunity exists for a hands on winemaker based in the Swan Valley for the 2021 Vintage. The successful candidate will be experienced, tertiary qualified and have a commitment to the highest quality standards and a team orientated attitude.
The successful candidate will commence work in early – mid January through to May 2021.
Reporting to the Senior Winemaker, the role is to assist in all aspects of the vintage winemaking process.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Receival & quality assessment of grapes coming into the winery.
• Preparing work instructions for cellar operations.
• Actively involved in crushing and pressing of all grapes.
• Fermentation management.
• Actively involved in all cellar operations.
• Lab analysis
• Ability to work closely with and also supervise others to achieve production goals
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications & skills:
• Tertiary degree
• Good working knowledge of all winemaking equipment and processes
• Be willing to work flexible hours and long hours as required around vintage operations.
• Computer literate - Experience with Ezy Wine desirable.
• Excellent communication and record keeping
• Comprehensive understanding of OHS issues in a winery
• Must have a current drivers licence, forklift licence desirable
If you are enthusiastic and passionate about wine, please forward your application letter & CV via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
3210 West Swan Road
Founded in 1840, Sandalford Wines is one of Western Australias oldest and largest privately owned wineries. The company has achieved outstanding success domestically and overseas as a premium wine producer and has also long been recognised as the state's leading wine tourism operator.