Vintage Winemakers, Cellar Hands & Laboratory Technicians - Belvidere Winery
525 Langhorne Creek Road
Belvidere, SA 5255
Application Closing Date
Belvidere Winery is an established winery in Langhorne Creek on South Australia's beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, within easy reach of SA's best loved wine regions. Producing quality wines and brands since 2000, Belvidere is a top-tier provider of contract processing, packaged wine, export solutions and grape-to-bottle strategy.
We are currently seeking Vintage Winemakers, Cellar Hands and Laboratory Technicians for Vintage 2022. These will be full time vintage roles, which generally commence early February. Additional induction and safety training may occur earlier.
Vintage positions will involve 12-hour day shift work, night shifts and weekend work. Seasonally dependent but generally around 12 weeks of shift work is expected.
We are looking for physically fit, energetic people with the ability to trouble shoot and work efficiently both independently and as an engaged member of our team. Personality is equally important and a fun and happy outlook to work and team involvement is important for such a busy time in the industry.
A range of tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Work with a multitude of varieties, regions and clients within the contract facility
• Work in a hands-on role to assist all stages of vintage wine production
• Work with Belvidere and client winemakers to prepare and execute work orders to produce wines within specifications
• Partake in ferment tasting, analysis and management
• Participate in data logging, winery hygiene and housekeeping practices
Vintage Cellar Hand
• Fruit receival & processing/crushing operations
• Pressing operations
• Operate pumps, perform transfers, rackings and ferment management
• Juice and wine additions, general cellar operations
• Oak/barrel work
• Cleaning tasks
Vintage Laboratory Technician
• Collect, process and analyse vineyard and weighbridge grape samples, ferment samples, juice/wine analysis and set up bench trials
• Support the lab manager and winemakers with accurate results and work completed within specified timeframes, trouble shooting out of spec or non-conforming results.
• Operate, maintain and calibrate lab equipment, prepare and maintain reagents
• Assist with general laboratory cleaning and quality control
Previous vintage experience and/or appropriate qualifications in winemaking/laboratory/cellar or equivalent are desired but not essential for the right candidate.
To apply, please send applications via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above. Applications close on the 1st of November
Applicants must have an Australian citizenship/residency or current visa permission to work in Australia.
Employer Contact Information
525 Langhorne Creek Road
Belvidere Winery is lcoated in Strathalbyn, in the Langhorne Creek wine region of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula.