Viticultural Operations Manager - The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group
Balhannah, SA 5242
08 8201 9999
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Based in the idyllic Adelaide Hills Wine Region, our client provides contracting services including harvesting, irrigation maintenance, vine spraying and a portfolio of vineyard management services. This company has grown from contracting, to offer agronomy and advisory services across horticulture and agriculture enterprises. Through pioneering biological controls across local vineyard, the team received a national award for their leadership and commitment to innovate and grow in line with market demands
Due to the continued growth there is an opportunity for an Operations Manager to provide leadership and the highest level of client services. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will supervise the field teams and implement seasonal operations providing support to viticultural, horticultural and agricultural clients.
• Innovate to create best systems and processes
• Develop and implement operational procedures and policies
• Manage cost of production and prepare farm production reports
• Address operational issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction
• Provide direction to all farming operations team
Skills and Experience
• Experience with viticulture or seasonal crop enterprise at a supervisory level
• Sound experience in farm budgeting and cost management
• Experience with logistics of farm operations, planning and management of crops
• Strong leadership skills and experience managing large teams
• Computer literacy with spread sheets or farm management software
• Chemical Handling Certificate preferable
• Relevant qualifications in Viticulture/Horticulture preferable
This company has grown over the last two decades to employ a team of 20 staff. Servicing clients including premium wineries and family-owned farms, this team is dedicated to following industry best practice and building sustainable relationships.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience, including a base wage, company car, superannuation and performance bonuses. This role also offers the advantage of being located in the centre of the picturesque Hills region, offering an easy commute for a Hills or Adelaide local.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Geoff Lucas on 08 8201 9999.
Apply online using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above quoting reference number GL3720.
Please note, applicants must have full rights to work in Australia, sponsorship is not available for this role.
The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industries with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries.
Find out more about The Lucas Group – lucasgroup.com.au
Employer Contact Information
The Lucas Group
255 Pulteney Street
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industry with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services, and a platform for innovative workforce planning. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries. We provide an integrated agribusiness recruitment network, creating a direct link between the business and candidate.