Viticulture Team Member - Mollydooker Wines
23 Coppermine Rd
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
08 8323 6508
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Mollydooker (Aussie slang for a left-handed person) is a family owned and operated winery based in the McLaren Vale, South Australia and now have a great opportunity to join their Viticulture team - and there is no better time to join than right now as we approach Vintage 2024!
** This is a permanent ongoing position ** This position offers stability and a long-term future with Mollydooker, being part of a team of significant experience and tenure with the company and to be part of a positive workplace culture where how we show up each day matters and where we are passionate about making a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a hands-on role, conducting a wide variety of manual tasks across the viticultural seasons. This role will report to our Viticulture Manager, and will include tasks such as:
- General agriculture maintenance including whipper snipping, weed and olive tree removal etc.
- Shoot and Bunch Counts
- Bud burst monitoring and reporting
- Bud counts
- Pruning requirements
- Wrapping canes
- Harvesting processes
- Securing canopy wires
- Vineyard Assessment processes and recommendations (VAS)
- Performing irrigation checks and repairs as required
Additional duties include:
- Complete any necessary data entry & reporting based on observations
- Continually develop an understanding of Mollydooker vineyards and seasonality functions and requirements, including a thorough understanding of the Marquis Vineyard watering process, and aid as directed.
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of each Mollydooker Vineyard
- Conduct Mollydooker Fruit Weight assessments as per the Mollydooker system and process
- Have a thorough understanding of the Grape flavour spectrum and The Marquis Vineyard Watering program
- Maintain liaison with Growers and work toward creating lasting and trusting relationships
Knowledge and Experience
- We are looking for a team member who loves being in the outdoors, who has an appreciation for the manual work required in running a vineyard (or simliar agricultural environment) across the four seasons
- Previous experience working in vineyard operations advantageous, however experience in agricultural operations will be considered
- Knowledge of viticulture practises helpful
- Completed / willingness to complete Certificate III in Wine Industry Operations (Viticulture) or other industry relevant certificate.
- Must have current Drivers Licence
- Given the manual nature of the work and to ensure the safety of our selected candidate, a pre-employment medical is required as part of the recruitment process.
This is a permanent full time position; to be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Employer Contact Information
23 Coppermine Rd
Established in 2000, the Mollydooker Wines group is owned and operated by award winning Winemaker, Sarah Marquis. The Mollydooker Winery and Vineyard are located in McLaren Vale, sourcing grapes from the McLaren Vale, Langhorne Creek regions to create award winning premium wines.