Viticulturist - Xanadu Wines
316 Boodjidup Road
Margaret River, WA 6285
03 8671 0954
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Xanadu Wines is a family-owned business, situated in the heart of the Margret River wine region in Western Australia. Established in 1977, Xanadu is part of the Rathbone Wine Group (which also includes Yering Station, Mount Langi Ghiran and 14 Degrees logistics in Victoria), and currently operates total of 80 Hectares of vineyards, across two sites in Margaret River with a focus on producing premium quality wines of distinction.
An opportunity exists for a motivated vineyard manager to join the award-winning Xanadu team, and to work in some of WA’s premier vineyards. This is a Full-time permanent position, reporting to the Xanadu Chief Winemaker. The successful applicant will be a qualified viticulturist, with the experience, leadership, and commitment to growing fruit of the highest quality, and the ability to be an active member of the management team.
• Development, implementation, and review of viticulture program.
• Good communication skills and organisational ability, with a hands-on approach throughout all seasonal
• Ability to manage staff; direct, motivate, mentor, and maintain a positive team culture, leading by example.
• Supervision of contractors and casual vineyard staff as required.
• Ability to liaise and communicate with management and wine making departments, to achieve budget and
• Pest and disease monitoring & control, with appropriate qualifications.
• Machinery operation: including various tractor operations (Fungicide Spraying, Herbicide Spraying, Harvesting,
Trimming and Slashing etc).
• Responsible for Maintenance of machinery, trellis, irrigation, and other vineyard infrastructure.
• Responsible for record keeping and maintaining vineyard certifications and compliance, requiring skills with
standard office software.
• Responsible for OH&S compliance and ensuring that all work activities are carried out in accordance with
company procedures and policies.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered for the successful applicant, commensurate with experience and commitment.
Applicants must be an Australian citizenship, permanent resident, or existing long-term working visa to be able to legally work in Australia.
Please forward a letter of application, Resume, and any other relevant documentation via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above before 5pm on Friday the 28th of May 2021.
Employer Contact Information
Rathbone Wine Group
262 - 276 Lorimer Street
Rathbone Wine Group are an Australian owned prestige wine company with iconic winery brands including Yering Station, Mount Langi Ghiran and Xanadu Wineries.