White Winemaker - Dorrien Estate
PO Box 345
ANGASTON, SA 5353
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Established in 1988, Dorrien Estate is nestled in the heart of the Barossa Valley on the site of the historical Dorrien settlement. Once the railway centre of the Barossa, Dorrien was where the Barossa’s highly prized wines started their journey by train to other parts of Australia and beyond. This connection to far reaching places has always been at the core of what we do, which is to source the best grapes from passionate growers in the finest regions across Australia, and craft them into premium small batch wines that are enjoyed all over the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the fabulous winemaking team based at our Dorrien Estate Winery. This newly created role gives you freedom and flexibility within a framework to create and nurture your passion to deliver wines from a range of regions across South Eastern Australia.
What you will do:
• Oversee wine making activities for key South Eastern Australia wine growing regions.
• Participate in the management of inventory balances against demand.
• Ensure delivery of target wine quality across Pinnacle brands.
• Craft wines meeting both customer expectations of quality and style, as well as financial expectations.
• Work with the broader Pinnacle wine manufacturing team (supporting grape and wine sourcing, manufacturing/production, and logistics) to execute operational aspects of winemaking and bottling.
• Participate in broader Pinnacle group winemaking activities: benchmarking, classification, and winemaking forums.
• Support brand marketing and brand development activities.
• Manage contract winemaking relationships and collaborate with Dorrien site leadership to deliver successful winemaking outcomes.
• Participate in the management of growers.
• To deliver wines to agreed quality and profitability targets.
• Management of inventory to supply and demand balance.
• Delivery of wine to support achievement of Pinnacle revenue, margin and BDF budget and growth objectives.
• You will have 5+ years wine making experience.
• Demonstrated wine making capability, producing a wide range of wine styles and qualities.
• Ability to further develop winemaker skills and capabilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people.
• Ability to manage both capital and cost aspects of wine inventory.
• Demonstrated understanding of the commercial parameters of the product - in terms of right price for the consumer and the market.
• Demonstrated understanding of and the ability to oversee winery operations and the management of contract winemakers.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
PO Box 345
Pinnacle Drinks exclusively partners with winemakers, growers, brewers and distillers to deliver some of the world's leading brands to you.