Wine Brand Manager - Marnong Estate
Sunbury, VIC 3429
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Moderate Domestic Travel
Marnong Estate is an exciting new wine, vineyard, farm, hospitality and tourism destination, located on the site of an historic homestead in Victoria’s Sunbury wine region, only a 35 minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Wine Business Manager to join a dynamic and well-resourced team, in the creation, development and management of a stylish, estate-grown wine brand.
Reporting to the GM, and working closely with the Estate Sales and Marketing Manager, the successful applicant will oversee the wine brand building strategies and operations of a recently planted 16-hectare vineyard as well as identify and implement future brand plans to supply the Marnong Estate wine range.
This newly created role is ideal for a practical and diligent talent, seeking a growing learning environment, valuable industry experience and career advancement.
Marnong Estate supports a culture of continuous improvement and professional development. The conditions and remuneration are competitive and commensurate with the role and experience of the candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager you will:
Build an authentic and relatable brand story,
Assist in developing an integrated sales forecast and grape supply plan,
Define a tailored consumer engagement program (DTC, marketing strategy, onsite experience),
Improve profitability of the Marnong Estate wine business,
Use the estate hospitality assets to drive wine sales,
Communicate, train and educate the hospitality and cellar door team,
Work with state and regional wine bodies on promotional events and festivals,
Ensure compliance with OH&S, licencing and other regulations,
Report to the GM on OPEX, CAPEX, OH&S and brand building.
Skills and Experience:
• Responsible Person (R.P.) and RSA VIC required,
• At least 5 years’ experience in wine sales and/or hospitality industries,
• Demonstrated wine business acumen,
• Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for staff training and empowering,
• Proficiency in technologies such as Microsoft Excel and Word, data collection, POS and
social media platforms,
• Current drivers’ licence,
• Passion for wine, branding, understanding of family business.
• Suppliers and contractors,
• Wine club and event clients,
• Public visitors,
• Regional and state industry bodies.
• General Manager,
• Sales and Marketing Manager,
• Hospitality & Cellar Door team,
• Winemaking & Vineyard team,
• Marketing and administration team