Winemaker - Blue Pyrenees Estate
Blue Pyrenees Estate
Avoca, VIC 3467
03 5465 1111
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Blue Pyrenees Estate is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person to join our winery team as a Winemaker. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity work with a wide range of varieties and wine styles. There is potential for the role to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
Situated 7 km from Avoca in Western Victoria, the Blue Pyrenees Estate production facility has been producing award winning red and white table wine as well as traditional method sparkling wine for over 50 years.
As a part of the Vinesmith Wine Group the winery processes fruit from two estate vineyards (280 ha) to service the Blue Pyrenees and Glenlofty brands as well as providing contract winemaking and bottling services.
This is a hands on role requiring the successful applicant to supervise the winery work program ensuring that all operations are completed within quality parameters and time lines while also being an active member of the cellar crew. The position will involve the day to day maintenance of the winery records system as well as participation in the continuing improvement of standard operating procedures and formal OH&S activities.
Duties during the vintage period include the running of one (of two) shifts.
*Extensive practical experience in winery operations and procedures is a prerequisite.
*Some level of formal qualifications (or progress towards) are also essential.
*Degree level qualifications in winemaking will be highly regarded.
* Working knowledge of winemaking procedures and quality control systems
* Demonstrated competency in all routine winery operations and equipment.
* Knowledge of wine quality parameters and analysis
* Wine tasting and quality assessment experience
* Experience in supervising small groups of workers and working within a team environment (3 permanent Cellar Hands and up to 6-8 casuals during vintage)
* Ability to take responsibility for work group quality and productivity outcomes
* Good organizational skills with methodical work habits
* The ability to work safely within a winery environment
* Physically fit
* The ability to work extended hours and shifts during peak periods (vintage)
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Current Fork Lift license
* Current Victorian Drivers license (or equivalent)
* Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities
* Knowledge of OH&S systems and issues within the winery environment
* Experience with winery records systems (EzyWine used on site)
* Experience in basic winery lab analysis techniques
* Confined space certificate
* Experience in the production of traditional method sparkling wine.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or the ability to obtain permanent Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
Blue Pyrenees Estate
Blue Pyrenees was established in Western Victoria in 1963 by Remy Martin. Remy Martin was committed to discovering the superb sparkling wine potential of the worlds cool climate wine regions. Blue Pyrenees is now 100% Australian owned.