Employers & Recruiters
Winemaker - Byrne Vineyards
Adelaide / Barossa, SA
Winemaking / Oenology
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
International, Interstate & Intrastate Travel is required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
We are looking for a Winemaker who has creative flair to produce wine with personality and the wow factor who will also support marketing and promotion of the wines.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing wine business that specialises in unique and innovative wines.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
• Setting wine style parameters and specifications for each product in line with Byrne objectives of quality and cost.
• Trialling and developing new wine styles, and new product development objectives.
• Supervise winemaking activities at contract winemaking sites in the Barossa, ensuring wine quality is maximized, specifications met and complies with appropriate laws where the wine is sold.
• Ensuring wine blending, analysis and style meets order requirements.
• Ensure LIP and wine additives of each wine are within legal parameters.
• Supply tasting notes for all SKUs in the wine range.
• Promotion of wines which may entail social media, travel and customer and consumer engagement.
• Responsible for the management of food safety and quality.
• Assist with the preparation of Wine making budgets and determine resource requirements based on vintage demand forecasts.
• Setting and defining target grape specifications and objectives.
• Assist in planning the grape strategy/harvest schedule prior to Vintage.
• Vineyard fruit assessments prior to vintage.
Skills and Knowledge
• Experienced winemaker with a track record of premium commercial wine production & excellent palate.
• Willingness to be involved in marketing and promotion of wine
• Vineyard knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of winemaking.
• Good communication skills.
• Out of the box/creative thinker
• Well presented
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
68A Fullarton Road
Norwood SA 5067
View All Jobs From This Employer
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2020
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD