Winemaker - Claymore Wines
7145 Horrocks Highway
Leasingham, SA 5452
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Fixed Term
Moderate Domestic Travel
Claymore Wines located in the beautiful Clare Valley is seeking an experienced Winemaker to join our dynamic boutique wine enterprise. We are seeking a person who has a passion for making premium wines and will be able to develop and strategise work plans and programs in response to business production requirements.
Reporting to our General Manager, the winemaker will be accountable for production of wine for the brand utilising our onsite Barrel Shed as well as various off-site processing areas. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and efficiently run workplace, driving continuous improvement and ensuring regulatory compliance and quality standards are met.
• Ability to work unsupervised in a hands-on role
• Day to day production planning
• Ensuring all required data is kept up to date and maintained in Vintrace (inventory system)
• Adherence to specific product styles
• Vintage management in conjunction with our Vineyard Manager including grower contracts and wine grape sourcing
• Storage and ullage management
• Oak selection and management
• Sourcing additional fruit supply if required
• Other general winemaking duties as required such as racking, cleaning, barrel work, transfers, filtrations etc.
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in wineries; Oenology qualification preferred but not essential for the right applicant.
• Forklift licence
• Drivers licence
• Strong administration and computer literacy skills in Windows based applications such as excel; desirable to also have experience with Vintrace or other inventory-related system.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to represent the brand at tastings and events.
Must have an Australian citizenship/permanent residency or full rights to work and live in Australia without restriction.
• Suited to physical work and will be prepared to work flexible hours as well as long hours over the vintage period.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
7145 Horrocks Highway
At Claymore Wines we enjoy bringing together life's passions - wine, music, and football to create the ultimate experience. We pride ourselves on producing premium Clare Valley wines using the best fruit from our vineyards, but when it comes to enjoying a glass we don't take ourselves too seriously. Many of our labels are inspired by either football or some of the greatest music of modern times.