Winemaker - Kirrihill Wines
Farrell Flat Road
Clare, SA 5453
08 8842 1233
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Kirrihill Wines is a producer of premium and super premium wines located in the Clare Valley South Australia. We crush approximately 5000 to 8000T with Shiraz and Riesling being the predominate varieties.
Due to our current winemaker leaving to return home to Italy, we have an opportunity for a highly motivated, passionate, inquisitive, and skilled winemaker to join the Kirrihill Wines team.
The winemaker will report directly to the Chief Winemaker and will work closely with the winery manager to ensure the efficient and effective performance of the cellar team. With a focus on quality and improvement mindset, you will possess excellent communication, planning and organisational skills to thrive in a small and dynamic team.
This is a great opportunity for career growth, and responsibilities will include:
• Manage day to day production planning and winery operations.
• Involvement in the vintage planning.
• Monitor the status of all product blends produced on site and with the winemaking team, ensuring all bulk wine and bottling requirements are met.
• Maintain ongoing program of monitoring critical wine analysis on all wines and adjust.
• Ensure wine supply agreements or relationships are managed to ensure wines are in specification and delivered in full on time.
• Responsible for bulk wine and raw material inventories, including year end and end of Vintage stock takes.
• Create an efficient, effective, and best practice/continuous improvement approach to all production activities.
• Be involved in ensuring effective and productive site, employee relations, training, development and mentoring of staff.
• Marketing and media as required.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
• A relevant degree in wine science or similar qualifications, along with
• A minimum of 5 years’ winemaking experience.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead, inspire, engage, guide, and motivate.
• Skills as an effective change manager with a continuous improvement mentality
• Ability to use initiative, be solution focused and utilize strong problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail is a must.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• And of course, a love of Riesling
An attractive salary package is offered to the right candidate.
Experience with Vintrace wine management system would be advantageous.
This role is based in the Clare Valley of South Australia. Candidates will require full rights to work and live in Australia with no time restriction and prepared to relocate.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Farrell Flat Road
Kirrihill Wines is a premium wine company located in the Clare Valley and is involved in both contract winemaking and branded product.