Winemaker (Maternity Leave Cover) - Sandalford Wines
3210 West Swan Road Caversham
Perth, WA 6055
08 9374 9374
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Fixed Term
Light Domestic Travel
An exciting opportunity exists for a hands on winemaker based in the Swan Valley. Starting as soon as possible during the current 2021 Vintage the position will go through until the end of December 2021, with the potential to be extended for Vintage 2022. The successful candidate will have winery management experience, tertiary qualified and have a commitment to the highest quality standards and a team orientated attitude.
Reporting to the Senior Winemaker during Vintage 2021 to enable a successful handover before maternity leave, and subsequently to the CEO, the role is to assist in and learn all aspects of our winemaking process. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Receival & quality assessment of grapes coming into the winery.
• Actively involved in crushing and pressing of all grapes.
• Preparing work instructions for cellar operations.
• Fermentation management.
• Actively involved in all cellar operations.
• Lab analysis
• Wine blending consistent with current styles.
• Formulate Bottling Schedules, ensuring wine and all dry goods are available.
• Control production standards to ensure quality, volume & cost standards are met.
• Ability to work closely with and supervise others to achieve production standards
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications & skills:
• Tertiary degree
• Winery Management experience
• Good working knowledge of all winemaking equipment and processes
• Be willing to work flexible hours and long hours as required around vintage operations.
• Computer literate - Experience with Ezy Wine desirable.
• Excellent communication and record keeping
• Comprehensive understanding of OHS issues in a winery
• Must have a current drivers licence, forklift licence desirable
If you are enthusiastic and passionate about wine, please forward your application letter & CV via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
3210 West Swan Road
Founded in 1840, Sandalford Wines is one of Western Australias oldest and largest privately owned wineries. The company has achieved outstanding success domestically and overseas as a premium wine producer and has also long been recognised as the state's leading wine tourism operator.