Winemaker / Vineyard Manager - Terindah Estate
90 McAdams Lane
Bellarine, VIC 3223
03 5251 5536
Full Time - Permanent
Terindah Estate is situated on The Bellarine, part of the historical Geelong wine region which boasts some of Australia’s finest winemakers. Low rainfall, cool winds across the bay and a cool climate ensures wines with great flavour. Terindah Estate produces Sparkling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Rosé, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Shiraz.
The property, established in 2002, has seven hectares under vine, producing wines that are showcased in ‘The Shed’ restaurant and Cellar Door. Terindah Estate is also the perfect venue for hosting weddings, private functions and corporate events.
Terindah Estate is seeking a Full-time Winemaker & Vineyard Manager in charge of all winery operations. Applications are also welcome for Vineyard Manager or Wine Maker on a part or full time basis.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Oversee and perform day to day operations including pruning, canopy and weed management, spray scheduling, crop management focusing on sustainable techniques and planning
• Implement, manage and maintain irrigation systems to ensure watering takes place as required
• Co-ordinate harvest parameters and activities.
• Manage and perform basic maintenance tasks on vineyard equipment. Report major maintenance needs or abnormalities to management
• Ensure the safe application and use of pesticides, fertilisers and other chemicals used in the vineyard and cellar
• Monitor and control pests and disease
• Supervision of permanent, casual and contract labour
• Liaison with the consultants and other key stakeholders
• Assist with recruitment, induction and training of vineyard staff (including contractors).
• Assist with general property and building maintenance tasks
• Carry out and supervise vintage operations, including fruit assessment, grape intake, crushing, fermentation, pressing, racking, stabilisation and filtration.
• Undertake blending operations
• Monitor fermentation and barrel aging
• Co-ordinate the cleaning and sanitation of barrels and wine equipment
• Conduct lab analysis and interpretation of results
• Manage the bottling and packaging processes
• Co-ordination with suppliers for equipment, vineyard, bottling and packaging requirements
• Undertake Vineyard site tours and group presentations regarding the Terindah Estate property and wines
• Represent Terindah Estate at wine shows, guided tastings, exhibitions, showcases and similar as required
• Ensure effective cost control to budget and assist with annual budget preparation
• Develop, implement, monitor, and review operational procedures regarding Winery and Vineyard Operations and ensure their compliance
• Documenting wine making processes and providing monthly winery reports.
Key attributes of the successful candidate would be:
• Show initiative
• Strong decision-making skills
• Able to work autonomously
This exciting opportunity is offering a competitive salary.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
90 McAdams Lane
Terindah Estate was purchased by Peter and Cate Slattery with the vision to create the Bellarine's most beautiful food and wine destination. The Slattery family, along with their dedicated team of staff invite you to experience Terindah and enjoy their exquisite food, award-winning wines and spectacular bay views. Named by the previous owners, Terindah is Indonesian for 'most beautiful'.