Employers & Recruiters
Winemaker/Assistant Winemaker - Merbein Packaging Winery
Merbein, VIC 3505
Winemaking / Oenology
Application Closing Date
From $80,000 To $90,000
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
• Leading Australian wine company
• Customer focussed and innovation driven
• Great team environment & working culture
• Attractive salary package including wine allowance
Australian Vintage Ltd (AVL) is an ASX listed multi award winning Australian wine company with a strong global reach. AVL’s portfolio consists of the McGuigan, Tempus Two, Barossa Valley Wine Company and Nepenthe Brands amongst others. At AVL we pride ourselves on producing high quality and innovative wines for our global customers.
Championing a fully-integrated wine business model, the breadth of AVL’s capabilities extends to vineyard management, premium winemaking, large scale winemaking, low/no alcohol winemaking, grape juice concentrate production, wine packaging, marketing and distribution.
AVL’s Merbein packaging winery produces wines in multiple glass and closure formats as well as bag in box as well as one of the most technologically advanced bottling lines in Australia with sparkling capability.
Our Company currently has an exciting opportunity for a Winemaker/Assistant Winemaker based in the Mildura region.
Reporting to the Senior Winemaker, the successful candidate will participate in winemaking responsibilities for the group, including but not limited to:
• Oversee all preparation, finishing and packaging of sparkling, cask and cream-based wines;
• Winemaking liaison to third party contract packaging partner;
• Development of and adherence to product specifications;
• Ensuring wines and labels are compliant for intended market;
• Workflow planning and stock management of flavours;
• Sensory analysis and release of wines from QA hold;
• Routine ullage management and maintenance of wines in storage.
We are looking for:
• Formal qualifications: Tertiary qualifications or currently working towards the completion of Tertiary qualifications in Wine Science (or equivalent) is essential.
• Communication skills: We are looking for someone with strong, clear communication skills who has the ability to build positive relationships within our business.
• A team player: We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment where collaboration is at the forefront of day-to-day operations.
• Computer literacy: The ability to demonstrate sounds computer skills is essential. Previous experience using Ezy Wine is advantageous.
To learn more about Australian Vintage, please visit our website at http://www.australianvintage.com.au/
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2021
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD