Winemaker/Assistant Winemaker - Australian Vintage Limited
Australian Vintage Limited
Buronga Hill Winery Silver City Highway
Buronga, NSW 2739
03 5022 5100
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Leading Australian wine company
Customer focussed and innovation driven
Great team environment & working culture
Attractive salary package including wine allowance
Australian Vintage Ltd (AVL) is an ASX listed multi award winning Australian wine company with a strong global reach. AVL’s portfolio consists of the McGuigan, Tempus Two, Barossa Valley Wine Company and Nepenthe Brands amongst others. At AVL we pride ourselves on producing high quality and innovative wines for our global customers.
Championing a fully-integrated wine business model, the breadth of AVL’s capabilities extends to vineyard management, premium winemaking, large scale winemaking, low/no alcohol winemaking, grape juice concentrate production, wine packaging, marketing and distribution.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Winemaker or a studying Assistant Winemaker to join our Buronga Hill Winemaking team based in the Mildura region. The efficient and well-equipped Buronga Hill Winery has capacity to process everything from small premium fruit parcels to large scale winemaking and has technological capabilities such as Spinning Cone Column, Flash Detente and Electrodialysis.
Reporting to the Senior Winemakers (Mildura based) your primary duties will include:
• Vintage grape and juice processing.
• Ferment monitoring and processing.
• Blend determination, fining and maturation.
• Preparation of wines for bottle.
• Production planning and scheduling.
• Adherence to market compliance and specifications.
• Sharing of ideas around innovation and efficiencies.
We are looking for:
• Formal qualifications: Tertiary qualifications or currently working towards the completion of Tertiary qualifications in Wine Science (or equivalent) is essential.
• Communication skills: We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who has the ability to build positive relationships within our business.
• A team player: We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment where collaboration is at the forefront of day-to-day operations.
• Computer literacy: The ability to demonstrate sounds computer skills is essential. Previous experience using Ezy Wine is advantageous.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
Australian Vintage Limited
Buronga Hill Winery
Silver City Highway
Australian Vintage Ltd (AVL) is an ASX listed multi award winning Australian wine company with a strong global reach. AVL’s portfolio consists of the McGuigan, Tempus Two, Barossa Valley Wine Company and Nepenthe Brands amongst others.