Winemaking Administrative Assistant - Château Tanunda
Australian Food & Beverage Group
9 Basedow Road
Tanunda, SA 5352
Part Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
About the business
Château Tanunda, Icon of the Barossa, has an international reputation for outstanding world-class wines, we are family owned and have modern winemaking excellence based on old-vine vineyards, European-Australian heritage and an unrivalled history and legacy in our estates and buildings. This is a great opportunity to work local, be global!
Our culture is based on entrepreneurial spirit, customer service excellence, communication, accountability, professionalism, and quality.
About the role
This role supports the Chief Winemaker by taking responsibility for important administrative tasks associated with viticulture, winemaking, and presentation of the Chateau. The role requires a high level of independence, responsibility, and accountability, is fast-paced, and works to assist the management and operations of our vineyard, winery, and estate teams.
Reporting to the Chief Winemaker, the role is responsible for:
• Detailed involvement in Chateau Tanunda Management Systems. In particular, environment and quality components.
• Assist Chief Winemaker with grape supply contracts, grower communications grower database and grape and vineyard records.
• Wine Record keeping. Assist with data entry to Vintrace and other systems. Winery purchasing assistance, supplier data records.
• Vineyard record keeping, diaries, activity log, contractor invoice reconciliation, contractor communications.
• Maintain Winery and Vineyard licenses and reporting.
• Winery Team HR Support, including personal records, training records, licenses, assist roster preparation.
• Maintain and coordinate Contracts for Works documents for new and existing contractors, ensure details are kept up to date and maintained in the contractor management database.
Skills and experience
This candidate is pro-active, brings their experience to the team, has high level organisation skills, record keeping and attention to detail.
• Minimum 3 + years experience in a similar role in the wine industry
• A passion for wine
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Honest & reliable, excellent work ethic
• Friendly and Professional manner
This is a permanent part-time role, 28 hours per week, 5 days.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
157 Queenscliff road
A Barossa valley icon making hand-picked, basket pressed and unfiltered wines from our vineyards in the Barossa and Eden Valleys.