Winery Cellar Hand - Paringa Estate
44 Paringa Road
Red Hill South, VIC 3937
03 5989 2669
Full Time - Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to begin or grow your career in the wine industry and become an integral member of one of Australia’s leading wineries on the stunning Mornington Peninsula.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic cellar hand recently qualified in wine science to work alongside our Head Winemaker.
Reporting to the Head Winemaker, you will be responsible for a range of tasks including but not limited to:
• Working within the winery team during harvest to complete grape sampling, processing, pressing and additions.
• Maintenance and organisation of work areas, with a strong focus on maintaining winery cleanliness and hygiene
• Operation of major winery machinery including fruit processing gear, pumps, presses and barrel cleaning equipment
• Laboratory work, including collecting and analysing juice and wine samples
• Assisting with preparation of wines for bottling
• Assisting in our vineyards when required
A winemaking qualification and previous experience working in a winery cellar are essential.
Previous full time employment in a winery cellar would be advantageous.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s licence and Australian citizenship/residency.
A current forklift licence is essential.
Interested? Please forward your resume with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this role via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
44 Paringa Road
Red Hill South
Located in the heart of Victoria's beautiful Mornington Peninsula wine region, the home property has 10 acres (4.2 ha.) of vines planted with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Pinot Gris. The current winery was built in 1998, and houses an outstanding a la carte restaurant on the upper level.