Employers & Recruiters
Vintage Winemaker - Idyll Wine Co
Idyll Wine Co
265 Ballan Rd
Moorabool, VIC 3221
Winemaking / Oenology
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Job Start Date
Job End Date
Application Closing Date
From $35 To $40
Full Time - Casual
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Idyll Wine Co. is an end-to-end, full-service beverage company. We offer complete private label and contract beverage production solutions for wine as well as a range of other beverages.
Our facility houses some of the most sophisticated wine, cider and beverage processing equipment in the world, ensuring that our products are consistently produced to the highest standards. In the past three years alone, wines produced by Idyll have won thirty-seven international wine awards and four of these wines took out top spot with gold medals.
We specialise in providing end-to-end solutions for our customers who are interested in the distribution of our brands or the development of their own labels for the domestic and export markets.
Our culture is important to us and we pride ourselves on creating a great place to work.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Located in the Geelong region, Idyll Wine Co. need a Vintage Winemaker to help with the planning, organising and production of wine for the vintage season. The Vintage Wine Maker role is pivotal in the production of our quality wines.
Working under the guidance of our Senior Winemaker, this role is fundamental in the various stages of the winemaking process, whilst ensuring activities undertaken adhere to all aspects of legislation. This role requires a strong eye for detail, a passion for wine and an acute sense of smell and taste. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
THIS ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Production of wine of a quality and style as required by the business while ensuring all activities undertaken
adhere to all aspects of the legislation, Idyll Food Safety and HACCP plans.
• Direct and supervise cellar operations as well as juice/wine movements, additives, and processing.
• Create daily crush and press plans and tank allocations and distribute accordingly.
• Support full time winemaking staff in the preparation of products for bottling, ensuring the wine is delivered to
production within specifications.
• Maintain involvement in the Idyll vineyard – spray planning and record keeping, harvest monitoring and timing
and ongoing vine maintenance and development.
• Enforcing compliance with all OHS and Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure wine is delivered to customer in-line with specifications, food standards and relevant legislation.
• Inspecting the condition and function of equipment and machinery, troubleshooting when required.
YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Degree in viticulture and oenology or wine science
• 5+ years experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of EZYWine
• A current Victorian driver’s license and reliable transportation
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to organise people and tasks
• The ability to accomplish objectives effectively within given timeframes
• An ability to develop and implement process improvements
YOU WILL BE:
• Passionate about the wine industry
• Able to work under pressure
Employer Contact Information
Idyll Wine Co
265 Ballan Rd
Moorabool VIC 3221
View All Jobs From This Employer
Idyll Wine Co. operates a state-of-art bottling facility that adheres to the highest of world Quality Assurance Standards - including ISO9001, HACCP, International Food Standard (IFS) and British Retail Consortium Standard (BRC). We combine these high standards with Lean Manufacturing principles and high-efficiency bottling lines including the integration of multiple robotic systems into the process.
With over 10 years of private label production we are the ideal partner for all your private label or buyers-own-brand requirements.
Idyll Wine Co. has an extensive portfolio of bulk wines available for sale from regions throughout South Eastern Australia. We are able to offer these wines “ex-winery” or an FOB service that includes the loading of wines into Flexi or ISO tankers, documentation and transport to Port of Melbourne. Please contact us via the form below for more information regarding pricing structures and volume availabilities.
Jinda~Lee, Whispers, Trails End, Eden Grove and Idyll
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2021
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD